Coming back from a day of hiking quickly put together a few ingredients, wrap it up in foil and place on the fire while you enjoy a little après.
Lemon rosemary is one of our kids’ favourite flavour combinations at the moment, making this a popular meal on camping trips and at home.
- Sweet peppers
- Cold-pressed canola oil or olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- If you’re only heading out for a couple of days, cut the pork into cubes before you go. Put in a leak-proof bag and freeze. This will keep your meat safe and your cooler colder for the trip.
- At camp, marinade the pork with 3 parts olive oil with 1 part lemon juice along with rosemary, salt and pepper for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut the potatoes, onions and peppers in chunks. Baby potatoes cut in half works great for this.
- On a piece of tin foil place an individual serving of pork, potatoes and veggies. Drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap up. Place on the campfire and cook for about 20 minutes.