On the COVID front, we continue to adapt our tours to comply with all the public health requirements that apply to our operations. While these changes have impacted some parts of the experience, like the hot soup we used to serve on full-day tours, it doesn’t change the sense of grandeur on an Abraham Lake ice walk or the magical feelings of snowshoeing in a winter wonderland. Some of the key things we are doing:
- Masks are required while checking in at the Nordegg Canteen.
- We’re offering more self-drive options where you will meet your guide at the trailhead or convoy with your guide from the Nordegg Canteen to the trailhead.
- Bus transportation, for now, is being offered only to private groups under certain circumstances (all tours except for the Explorer Series are private tours). Contact us if you need to arrange transportation. In all cases, masks must be worn when inside our vehicles, hands must be sanitized upon entry and you must use the same seat for the duration of the tour. All surfaces inside the bus are cleaned between each tour.
- While on the trail we will maintain a safe distance between each participant. Any equipment (e.g. snowshoes and ice cleats) are assigned to individual participants for the duration of the tour.
- We’ve made some changes to our lunches. Meals and hot chocolate will be served by the guide or will be provided in individual packaging. There will be no shared snacks or lunch spreads this season.
- All guests and guides must confirm prior to each tour that they are free of symptoms or risk factors, as defined by AHS.
Winter Tours Available Daily
All of our winter tours are available daily for private bookings. These are our most popular tours, offered just for your group. Check out the full winter line-up here.
We’re excited to bring back the Explorer Series. These are public tours where you can join by booking just for yourself, or along with a few friends. These are available on set dates and feature some of our favourite itineraries along with special adventures. Check out the full schedule here.
In all the craziness of this winter, we’re working on some new adventures around Nordegg. We can’t wait to share these with you in the coming weeks.